Starting November 1, we will be sharing definitions and Scriptures from the Attributes of God worksheet. We invite you to download a copy of the worksheet or simply follow along social media each day. It is impossible for our human minds to fully comprehend the character of God, however, what He has revealed through Scripture is enough to leave us in awe and worship. Let’s cultivate a heart of thankfulness by committing to 30 days of highlighting these attributes in a Loved Bible. It should only take you a few minutes a day.
We are praying that at the end of 30 days you will know Him more deeply from the way He reveals Himself in His Word.
Are you in? Share you pictures on Facebook and Instagram by tagging @thelovedbibleproject and #lovedbibleattributes
This challenge is a great way to get started with The Loved Bible Project or complete a Loved Bible.
- Get a Bible: A Bible used for The Loved Bible Project is simply a Bible you intend to give away. Check out our website resources for suggestions!
- If you are new to the project, download the Getting Started Guide for some of the basic steps, tips, and supplies.
- Use this challenge to help you cultivate a regular habit of being in the Word. If you don’t already have a regular time, block it off in your calendar… now! Stop and put 10-15 minutes in your calendar repeating each day. Even if you have to move it, you will have a regular reminder already set up.
- Download the Attributes of God worksheet
- Look up each Scripture verse and highlight. You could simply add a note in the margin that says “All-Knowing”, you could add the definition to one or all the verses, or you could add a sticky note or journaling card.
- Pray these Scriptures and reflect. Jen Wilkin often uses this prompt in her Bible studies… Knowing that God is ____________ shows me that I am ______________. You might consider filling in the blank with the attribute of the day and think about one step you can take to better live in light of this truth.
Ok, let’s get started! Open your Bible!!
For Day 2-30, follow along the Attributes of God worksheet on your own or follow social media each day!
Bonus challenge: Invite and Invest
Jesus calls us to make disciples. This means investing in someone, taking time to talk about life, Jesus and God’s Word. Consider some practical ways to make, mature, and multiply disciples by participating in this 30 day challenge:
- Invite someone to Love a Bible with you using the Attributes of God worksheet. You could do it separately each day or occasionally meet up.
- Talk about the reflection question: Knowing that God is ____________ shows me that I am ______________. You might consider filling in the blank with the attribute of the day and think about one step you can take to better live in light of this truth. You could also use this as an opportunity to share what you are thankful for each day and any challenges or burdens to prayer over.
- Simply keep each other accountable. Snap a picture of your entry and text each other!
Share in the comments – what time will you be scheduling in your calendar to do this challenge?