Are you getting ready to create a Loved Bible for the first time? Gathering as a group? Participating in our Foundations Challenge? This checklist provides you with a list of basic supplies to get started. Note: Most items you probably already have at home – do not feel required to purchase anything new. Simply print out our resources and you may decide to purchase a recommended Bible. We’ve linked several options of office supplies, but you can probably find deals at your local stores. These are just samples of our favorites.
Print the following free resources:
- Pens: You just need something to write with – this is all your preference! But we know you love a good pen recommendation – our top picks are the Pilot G2 .38 for a thin line, and the Papermate Felt Tip pens for a bolder print. Sharpies are also great for a very think line.
- Highlighters (crayons and colored pencils work great too): We like these highlighters that are called “mildliners” – they are a bit softer and tend not to bleed through the pages.
- Sticky notes: any type of self sticking notes are an easy option for adding notes and quotes. They come in various sizes and some people like to purchase a tab style to use as page markers.
- Index cards: Index cards are an inexpensive way to add notes. They come in a variety of styles and colors. Here are some free journaling cards you can print and cut!
- Washi Tape: This is a repositionable decorative tape that you can use to hold down journaling cards so they don’t fall out.
Bible: Visit our resources page for our Bible recommendations. Are you having some trouble deciding? Start with the ESV Thinline or NIV Thinline.