Disciple-making is a call on the life of every believer. You and I are called to make disciples in the everyday, ordinary places and spaces of our lives. While we know this, many of us are unsure where and how to start. And often in the middle, we ask, “am I even doing this right?” It is helpful to have others who are doing the same thing, be intentional in prayer, and have a community encouraging us.
This Discipleship Coaching group will be approximately 8 weeks during the months of April and May. At the end of May, you will be expected to prayerfully invite 1 other woman into a discipleship relationship. This may make you feel scared, excited, or a little bit of both! The goal of the group is to use the 8 weeks as preparation to invite and invest.
Everyone will be on a different stage of their discipleship journey. We will follow a loose plan for each week, but will be adjusting to the needs of the group and individuals where needed. Due to the personalized nature of the group, we will only be taking the first 6 individuals that accept the commitment below. We invite you to prayerfully consider your involvement.
I commit to:
- Purchase the book Make Disciples that Make Disciples (to be used as reference/source of weekly reading assignments) https://www.amazon.com/Make-Disciples-That-Six-Month-How/dp/1734351926/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=make+disciples+that+make+disciples&qid=1614786839&sr=8-1
- Participate in weekly learning assignments and respond to personal application/refection questions
- This will usually look like watching a video from Anne Marie, a short reading assignment, question to reflect and respond, and dedicated time prayer (specifically, these 8 weeks is a focused time for us to ask God to open hearts, both ours and the women we disciple.
- We estimate about 1.5 hrs of time weekly (this is also a practice of building in a rhythm of intentional time committed to discipleship after the 8 weeks)
- 1 hour individual zoom coaching call with Anne Marie (within 1st 4 weeks)
- 1 hour group zoom call TBD (in April – we understand there may be scheduling conflicts)
- Pursue optional growth – we’ll provide resources, articles, etc if you are interested in growing deeper
- Prayerfully consider who is investing and discipling you in your local context.
- Prayerfully invite 1 other woman into a discipleship relationship and consider how God will have me walk in obedience to make disciples (Matthew 28) after the 8 weeks of equipping
Note: We’ve reached the maximum applicants for the 2021 Discipleship Coaching Group. Submissions are now closed.
1st Priority will go to individuals who expressed previous interest and the first 6 to submit their commitment by Tuesday, March 9 at 5 p.m.
After Tuesday, March 9 at 5 p.m. we will accept others who are on the wait list until all slots are full.